- 9 October 2019
- Transport / Logistics Services
Royal Mail has announced its latest posting dates for Christmas mail this year. The peak season will slow deliveries of letters and parcels thanks to the volumes the postal operator handles throughout.
According to Royal Mail, for UK letters and cards:
• Wednesday 18 December for Second Class mail
• Friday 20 December for First Class mail (and Royal Mail Tracked 48)
• Saturday 21 December for Royal Mail Tracked 24
• Monday 23 December for Special Delivery
For international economy postage:
Saturday 5 October – All non-European destinations (except South Africa, the USA, Canada)
• Saturday 5 October – Middle and Far East (except Hong Kong and Singapore)
• Saturday 12 October – South Africa, Hong Kong, Singapore, the USA, Canada
• Saturday 2 November – Eastern Europe, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Malta and Iceland
• Saturday 16 November – Western Europe
For international standard postage:
• Monday 9 December – Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Central and South America, Far and Middle East
• Tuesday 10 December – Cyprus, Malta
• Wednesday 11 December – Eastern Europe (except Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia)
• Thursday 12 December – Australia, Greece, New Zealand and Turkey
• Saturday 14 December – Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, USA
• Monday 16 December – Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland
• Wednesday 18 December – Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg
With regard Parcelforce Worldwide, The recommended last posting date for Parcelforce Worldwide’s next day UK services is Monday 23rd December, and for its two day UK services, the recommended latest posting date is Friday 20th December.
For customers posting abroad to Western Europe, the USA & Canada using its Global Express service, parcels must be sent by Tuesday 17th December.
Parcels going to the Republic of Ireland on its Ireland Express service should be sent by Thursday 19th December to arrive in time for Christmas.
For Australia, Monday 16th December is the last posting date for the Global Express service.